Look! Listen! Like! The Importance of a Carefully Crafted Vocabulary
Thanks for tuning in to the Art and Business of Public Speaking Podcast! In episode 076 Ken Davis and Matt Brady talk (read: rant) about why you should choose your words carefully.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About words in our current culture that are barriers to good communication
- That the misuse of the word “like” can be a major distraction
- The cultural norms are not our measure of good communication
Resources in this episode:
- Omit needless words! The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White
- Secrets of Dynamic Communication
- SCORRE™ Training
- Launch Conference April 3-6, 2017 – use promo code PODCAST400 to save an additional $300 off the early bird price on a Signature or Connector registration!
What do you think?
In your life, what aspect of the art and business of public speaking do you find the most challenging? Ask a question, leave us a voicemail, post a comment or share your response on Facebook or Twitter.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Help Spread the Word!
If you enjoyed today’s episode we would love for you to rate the podcast in iTunes. This will help get the show in front of more people who are interested in our message. Click here to leave a review – thanks so much for your help!