Going from Dreamer to Doer, Storytelling, and What Writing Can Teach You About Speaking
Thanks for tuning in to the Art and Business of Public Speaking! In Episode 021 Ken Davis and Jeff Goins discuss going from dreamer to doer, storytelling, and what writing can teach you about speaking.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- That activity follows identity – if you want to do something you need to become someone
- To take your dream seriously – doing it with discipline for one year will do more than doing it sporadically for 10 years
- What writing can teach you about speaking
Resources in this episode:
- Jeff Goins
- Jeff’s speaking coach, Michele Cushatt
- Jeff’s newest book, The Art of Work
- Jeff’s podcast, The Portfolio Life
- Jeff’s ebook giveaway: The Beginner’s Guide to Building an Audience.
- SCORRE™ Conference use the code PODCAST to receive $100 off your Intensive Level registration!
- Launch Conference use the code PODCAST to receive $100 off your Connector or Signature Level registration!
Link to transcript:
Click here to download the transcript from today’s episode!
What do you think?
In your life, what aspect of the art and business of public speaking do you find the most challenging? Ask a question, leave us a voicemail, post a comment or share your response on Facebook or Twitter.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Help Spread the Word!
If you enjoyed today’s episode we would love for you to rate the podcast in iTunes. This will help get the show in front of more people who are interested in our message. Click here to leave a review – thanks so much for your help!